How to update your wordpress application, after a new version is available.
Wordpress Famous 5-Minute Install
Here's the quick version of the instructions, for those that are already comfortable with performing such installations. More detailed instructions follow.
1. Download and unzip the WordPress package from http://wordpress.com, if you haven't already.
2. Create a database for WordPress on your web server, as well as a MySQL user who has all privileges for accessing and modifying it.
3. Rename the wp-config-sample.php file to wp-config.php.
4. Open wp-config.php in your favorite text editor and fill in your database details as explained in Editing wp-config.php to generate and use your secret key password.
5. Place the WordPress files in the desired location on your web server:
If you want to integrate WordPress into the root of your domain (e.g. http://example.com/), move or upload all contents of the unzipped WordPress directory (but excluding the directory itself) into the root directory of your web server.
If you want to have your WordPress installation in its own subdirectory on your web site (e.g. http://example.com/blog/), rename the directory wordpress to the name you'd like the subdirectory to have and move or upload it to your web server. For example if you want the WordPress installation in a subdirectory called "blog", you should rename the directory called "wordpress" to "blog" and upload it to the root directory of your web server.
6. Run the WordPress installation script by accessing wp-admin/install.php in your favorite web browser. If you installed WordPress in the root directory, you should visit: http://domain.com/wp-admin/install.php
If you installed WordPress in its own subdirectory called blog, for example, you should visit: http://domain.com/blog/wp-admin/install.php