How to Publish with Microsoft® FrontPage 2000®
The walk-through below covers the steps necessary to publish a FrontPage Web on your system to your myhosting.com website. It assumes that the software has been installed correctly on your system.
- Open Microsoft FrontPage 2000.
- Click on File.
- Click Open Web.
- Select your local Web.
- Click Open in the Open Web window.
- Click the Publish button in the in the upper left hand corner.
- The Publish Web window will open.
- Type http://www.domain_name.com, into the combo box of the Publish FrontPage Web window.
- You may also choose the different publishing options depending on your needs.
- Click Publish.
- Type in your username and password, when the Name and Password window appears.
- FrontPage should begin publishing your site to myhosting.com. If you wish to publish to a subdirectory on your myhosting.com Web site, for example http://www.domain_name/subdir/, simply type the entire URL to which you wish to publish. This will create a Child Web.
NOTE: The following information is also required:
- domain_name.com = Use your own domain name.
- 168.144.xxx.xxx = Use your own IP number (If your domain name is not pointing to our name servers yet)
- username = Use your own username.
- password = Use your own password.
- These features require that Front Page Server Extensions be installed in your server.