What is imapcopy?
IMAPCopy is a small command line tool to copy messages for multiple users from one imap server to another. It was designed for migration of Linux imap mail to exchange servers.
- Since their is no repository package for imapcopy on CentOS you will need to install by downloading the application from the site
- Extract the tar file
tar -xvf imapcopy.tar.gz
- Enter the imapcopy directory and copy the original configuration file
cp ImapCopy.cfg ImapCopy.cfg.bak
- Next we need to modify the cfg file to correct source and destination.
rm ImapCopy.cfg && touch imapcopy
- paste the following configuration and modify it to suit your needs.
skipfolder "INBOX.Sent Objects"
# SourceUser SourcePassword DestinationUser DestinationPassword
Copy "firstname.lastname@example.org" "password" "Tester@domainname.com" "2dngog.0?bogcnb"
Run the Import
- Since the application is not installed as a service as it is in debian we will need to go to the imapcopy folder and run the following command to execute the application
- If successful the output of the application will be as follows
IMAPCopy 1.04 - 2009/07/18 [compiled with FreePascal]
written 2001-2009 by Armin Diehl <email@example.com>
Running on Linux
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2
of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston,
MA 02110-1301, USA.
Login on sourceserver as firstname.lastname@example.org OK
Login on destinationserver as Tester@domainname.com OK
Getting folderlist on sourceserver OK, found 1 folder
Getting List of messages in "INBOX" OK, 1 Messages found
Processing Folder INBOX
1 Messages copied, 0 Errors
1 User processed, 1 Messages copied, 0 Error(s)
0 Folder(s) created, 0 Folder create errors, 0 Folder not copied