CentOS 5 VPS: PHP 5.1.6 to PHP 5.3 Upgrade
If you would like to switch from PHP 5.1.6 to PHP 5.3 used in your Plesk Hosting environment running on a CentOS 5 VPS, you can issue the upgrade command using an Application now available in your myhosting.com onCloud(tm) Control Panel.
Be sure to create a full VPS backup before making drastic changes like this to your VPS!
- Log into myhosting.com onCloud at https://manage.myhosting.com
- Ensure your managing the desired VPS subscription if you have multiple subscriptions, (Check what subscription you're on under the Subscription drop down menu.)
- Create a full backup of your VPS
- Navigate to VPS Management > Applications
- Click the Install button
- Find ".pp-php53update-centos5" from the list of available packages, put a check beside it and click Submit.
PHP 5.1.6 Downgrade
Downgrade is not recommended as it requires manipulation of your VPS via SSH command line. If you are not confident in your ability to manage your server via command line as root please seek assistance. See: http://kb.parallels.com/en/111711