How to password protect a directory in cPanel for VPS (RV Skin Blue)
How to password protect a directory in cPanel.
This demo assumes you've already logged in to cPanel.
Now let's learn how to create a password protected directory.
1) Click Web Protect.
2) Then click the public HTML folder.
3) We're going to password protect the /demo directory. Click the demo link.
4) Select the check box to protect this directory with a password.
5) Now enter a name for this protected directory.
6) Click Save.
The directory is now protected and requires a password to enter it via a browser.
We must therefore create at least one user, and assign them a password to access the directory.
7) Click Go Back.
8) Scroll down.
9) Enter a username in the box under Create User.
10) Click Generate Password.
11) Use Password.
12) Make note of the password and click Close.
13) Click Add/modify authorized user.
The protected directory now has one user who has access to it. Repeat this process for each additional user you want to grant access for.
14) Click Go Back.
15) Scroll down.
You can return to this screen at any time to modify existing users' passwords, add more users, or delete users.
Let's return to the directory list.
16) Click Up One Level.
See the lockbox by the /demo directory? That indicates the directory is password protected.
This is the end of the tutorial. You now know how to set up password protection for specific directories within your account. Don't forget to create users for your protected directories.