In this tutorial, we will be showing you how to export your MSSQL database using the Microsoft Server Management Studio tool, which can be downloaded from the link below:
1) Open Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio and connect to the database server with using the database server name, login and password that you created for your database. This information can be found on the https://manage.myhosting.com control panel, under the More Services -> Databases link and by clicking on your database name in the list, next to the label 'External Hostname'.
2) After you connect to the database server, find your database name in the object explorer pane.
3) Right click your database and choose first "Tasks" then "Generate Scripts…"
4) Click on "Next" to start selecting which database objects to back-up.
5) Choose the tables that you would like to back-up from your database (You can also click on Select All to choose all of them).
6) Click on "Advanced" to access the advanced settings of the back-up process. Also set the location where you want to save the file on your local computer.
7) Choose "Schema and data" for the option Types of data to script, if you want you can also turn on the "Script Full-Text indexes" and also "Script Indexes" options for your back-up.
8) Review the summary and click "Next" to start the back-up process.
9) Make sure all the steps of the process completed successfully.
At the conclusion of this tutorial, you should now have a backup of your MSSQL database which can later be restored and imported if ever needed.