MetaTrader 4 and 5 can be installed on any of our Windows VPS plans to provide you an always available platform for trading accessible from anywhere in the world!
Check out our Windows VPS plans at: http://myhosting.com/windows-vps/
Once your Windows VPS with myhosting.com is active, you'll receive an account activation email with all of your login details. If you have not received this email notification, feel free to contact support to have it resent or reset.
Log into your Windows VPS
Step 1. Remote Desktop Connection on Windows
Step 4. Remote Certification
- Log with a Remote Desktop connection to your VPS. To start a Remote Desktop session:
- If you're running Windows XP, Vista or 7, click Start > All Programs > Accessories > Remote Desktop Connection.
- If you're running Mac OSX you may need to install Remote Desktop for mac at http://www.microsoft.com/mac/remote-desktop-client, once installed, run it and continue on the steps below.
- In the "Computer:" field, enter the IP address of your myhosting.com Windows VPS. This can be found in your account activation email and should look be a series of numbers separated by three points similar to: 188.8.131.52
- Click Connect
- You will be prompted about whether or not you trust the remote computer's certification, you can accept this and click Connect.
- You will then be prompted for your username and password. This can be found in your account activation email.
- The username you need to enter should look something like "VPS****\VPS****Admin".
You should then be successfully logged into your myhosting.com Windows VPS!
Now you need to install MetaTrader and setup MetaTrader for Forex Trading
From your myhosting.com Windows VPS desktop through your remote connection setup in the previous section, complete the following:
- In order to properly make use of Internet Explorer to browse and download MetaTrader easily, you will need to disable browser security for Internet Explorer. Instructions for this are available in our KB article: Turn off Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration
- After updating your browser security, open up Internet Explorer. There will be a link on your taskbar for this.
- Then browse to: http://www.metatrader4.com/ for MetaTrader 4 or http://www.metatrader5.com/en for MetaTrader 5.
- Download and run the software.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the install and run the software.
You can then install any bots you like or configure the software as you need it.
- Some brokers offer the software explicitly so it is recommend you contact your broker before installing to see if they provide it.
- While myhosting.com provides the VPS server and will support the server itself, the network and infrastructure, support for MetaTrader software and Forex trading must come from MetaTrader/Metaquotes or your broker.