Using the Disk Usage Viewer in cPanel for VPS (Unskinned)
Click here for a video tutorial
Using the Disk Usage Viewer.
This demo assumes you've already logged in to cPanel.
Let's take a look at the Disk Usage Viewer.
1) Scroll down.
2) Click the Disk Space Usage icon.
From here you can see how much storage space is being used by each directory and subdirectory in your account.
3) Scroll down to see the entire list of directories.
4) Let's click the Show Files Sizes as Bytes option to see more detail.
All the file sizes have been converted from megabytes to bytes.
5) Now click the Increase Depth button.
6) Click the Decrease Depth button.
7) Click the Show Top Level option.
8) Now click the Increase Depth button.
As you can see, there are numerous ways to view the amount of storage space being used by your directories.
This is useful in determining which directories are using the most storage space.
This is the end of the tutorial. Once you know where all your storage space is being used, you can decide whether you need to delete some files, or upgrade to a larger plan.