Outlook for Mac 2011
If you are looking for Outlook for Mac 2011 settings Outlook for Mac 2011
Entourage 2008 for Hosted Exchange Email
Entourage 2008 is available for all myhosting.com Hosted Exchange Email Professional users. The Entourage 2008 package can be downloaded from the myhosting.com Control Panel in the End User Management area, or through the OWA by clicking on My Email Settings.
For those of you choosing to go ahead with Entourage 2008, we would like to let you know that there an upgrade for Office 2008. Once you have finished installing Entourage 2008, we highly recommend that you install the upgrade. It is available directly from Microsoft. We also recommend running the Microsoft AutoUpdate and the Mac AutoUpdate periodically to keep all of your software as up-to-date as possible.
Although Entourage 2008 includes a lot of updates and new features, some of the enhancements expected for Exchange did not materialize. The Exchange Account configuration for Entourage 2008 is virtually identical to Entourage 2004, and does not include any direct MAPI support as is available in Outlook 2007. However there are many new features for Exchange which include:
- Out of Office Assistant
- Free/Busy info Pull-up
- Delegate Rights Management
- Interoperability with Outlook 2007
Entourage 2008 Web Services Edition
If you haven’t configured your account in Entourage yet, when you start it for the first time you should see the “Account Setup Assistant”. If you don’t see it, choose the “Tools” menu and click “Accounts…”. Then click on the “New” button. Then you can follow these steps below to set up your mail2web Mobile Email account.
1. If you see the “Welcome to Entourage” screen, if you need to import anything you can do it now, and then return to the set up process later. If not, select “Start using Entourage without importing anything” and then click the right arrow.
2. Enter your email address in the field provided, and check the “My account is on an Exchange server” option. Then click on the right arrow.
You will then be prompted for your account information. Leave the Domain field blank and enter your email address in the Account ID field, followed by your password. If you don’t want to be prompted for your password again, select the “Save password in my Mac OS keychain” option. Then click “OK”.
3. Entourage will then connect to the Exchange server to Automatically Discover your settings.
When Entourage connects to the AutoDiscover server, you may receive a prompt asking you Allow the AutoDiscover server to get your settings. Select the “Always use my response for this server” option and then click “Allow”. This will ensure that your settings are always kept up to date in the future too!
4. You should then receive a confirmation message that your settings were “successfully determined”. Click on the right arrow to proceed.
5. You’ll then be asked to Verify and Complete your settings. You can enter your Name as you want it to appear on your email and your full email address. Don’t change the settings in the “Exchange server” field, just leave it as it is. For the “LDAP server” field, remove the contents of the field and leave it blank. Then click the right arrow to proceed.
6. If you want, you can click on the “Verify My Settings” button to make sure your account is configured correctly. You can click on the right-arrow to complete your set up.
7. Now everything is complete! You can specify any account name you like, and even add it to your “Me” contact if you wish. Click “Finish” to exit the wizard and get started using Entourage 2008 EWS!
We recommend that all Entourage users install the update.
Configuration of Entourage 2004 or Entourage 2008 (pre-Web Services Edition)
It is possible to configure Entourage to connect to your Hosted Exchange Email Professional account. Please note that the Entourage Client does not support RPC over HTTPS. You will need to follow these steps to configure Entourage.
NOTE: Before proceeding, please run Software Update to install the latest patches and updates for Office 2004/2008. Depending on which updates are installed, some of the fields may be located on different screens than described below.
- Open Entourage. From the menu, select Account Settings.... Select Exchange and create a new account.
- When prompted, enter the following details:
- Email Address: **your email address**
- User ID: **Important: Entourage users cannot use the Email Address as their User ID. The Entourage User ID is the first 20 characters of your email address with the '@' replaced by '_'. If the 20th character is a "." then replace it with a "_". If your email address is less than 20 characters, simply use all the available characters.**
- Domain: caex
- Password: **your password**
- Proceed to the next step. At the next step Entourage will attempt to connect to the server, and will fail. Select the option to Configure Account Manually.
- In the Edit Account dialog, select the Account Settings tab. Here you can update your account Name (to whatever you like) and then enter the following in the Exchange Server field: https://ex.myhosting.com/exchange/**your email address**. Make sure to select the This DAV service requires a secure connection (SSL) option.
- Select the Advanced tab and enter the following for your Public Folders server: https://ex.myhosting.com/public and select the This DAV service requires secure connection (SSL) option.
- Save the changes. Entourage will now connect to the server and display your email, calendars, etc.
Note: In some rare cases you may notice a SSL error when connecting to the server that indicates the certificate is not valid. This usually indicates that the Entrust root certificate that is normally preconfigured on most Macs has been removed or was not installed on your computer. One way to verify this is to browse to https://ex.myhosting.com. If you receive a similar certificate error then it is probable that the Entrust certificate is not installed on your Mac. To resolve this issue you can download their root certificate. Once you have installed it on your Mac, you should no longer receive the error.
LDAP Error when accessing Global Address List
When composing an email using MS Entourage 2004 and 2008, you may receive an "LDAP Server Error" when trying to access the Global Address List or when trying to "Check Names". This is a known bug with the Entourage software which is expected to be fixed in the next major release of Entourage.
In the meantime, we can suggest 2 options as an alternative to access your Business Exchange Global Address List.
- OWA GAL Search - This third party software is free to use and uses Outlook Web Access (OWA) to connect to your Exchange account and view your Global Address List. OWA GAL Search integrates with Entourage and allows you to create emails to Address List members in Entourage.
- AddressX - This third party software allows you to synchronize the Mac Address Book with your Global Address List through the OWA. The trial version of the software allows you to synchronize the first 25 addresses in your Global Address List. If there are more than 25 addresses, you can purchase a license to unlock the software. Please note that you will need to enter your username in the form of AD2\firstname.lastname@example.org and the exchange server as ex7.myhosting.com on the Exchange Server settings page.
OWA GAL Search is the recommended solution, as there is no license fee and it integrates well with Entourage 2004.