Exchange Distribution Lists
Distribution Lists are supported with our Hosted Exchange Email service. You can create a distribution list from the myhosting.com Control Panel, and add or remove list members from Microsoft® Outlook 2010/2007/2003.
External email addresses in Distribution Lists
The Hosted Exchange Email service supports the ability to add External Contacts in your Global Address List as well as the ability to add those Contacts to a Distribution List.
Steps to add an external email address in a Distribution List
Users of myhosting.com Hosted Exchange Email can create Distribution Lists from the Control Panel which contain active members of their Exchange organization or members of the Global Address List.
To create a Distribution List:
- Login to your customer control panel at https://manage.myhosting.com
- Click on Exchange Email tab
- Click on Distribution Lists
- Click on Add New Distribution List
- Enter the Alias, Display name, Email address and select Address book and Security Options
- Click on Submit
- Once the distribution list is created you can add users to the list
NOTE: If you have the mail forwarded and then reply to the e-mail from the forwarded account, it will reflect in the reply to address from the forwarded account.
Adding External Email Addresses to the Global Address List
After logging into your control panel, click on Hosting. In the Exchange section click on Contacts. From this section you can update and add any contacts that you want to appear in your Global Address List either through Outlook or Outlook Web Access.
Sending Mail From a Distribution List
If you’ve setup a distribution list and you want to send mail from it you would need to enable a user or users to have the permissions to send on behalf of the list. Once those permissions are set you can sent mail from the list by following the instructions listed below.
- Open a new message and click on the OPTIONS tab.
- Next, click on the "Show From" button.
- Finally, Click on the "FROM" button and this will open up your contacts list. Make sure that you have your "Global Address List" selected. Choose the address that you want to send for.
If you do not have the proper permissions setup you would not be able to send mail from the distribution list you selected. To enable those permissions you would need to contact support. They will then submit a request for the permissions to be enabled. This type of request can take up to 2 business days to complete as an Exchange administrator must make the changes to your account.