For more information about the StopTheHacker services available from myhosting.com, please visit http://myhosting.com/stopthehacker/.
Activating Your Service
Please note that although your Subscription may be active, you will still need to take a moment to enable your StopTheHacker scanning service. You can do so by following these steps:
1. Log into your myhosting.com Control Panel with your username and password.
2. From the drop-down menu in the top-left corner, select your StopTheHacker subscription.
3. Click on the StopTheHacker tab, then click on the Create button.
4. Type in the domain name or sub-domain that you want to scan. Don't include the 'http://' or any slashes or file names. For example, you can type in: mydomainname.com. Then verify that your email address is correct, and click Next.
5. You can then verify your details, and click Finish when you are ready to proceed.
6. The status indicator will indicate Loading for a few moments, then display the menu for "General" and "Settings". You can click on the General link, and you may notice that your service is still provisioning. After a minute or two, you can click on the Refresh link in the top-right corner of the page. When provisioning is complete, the status will indicate Ready and you will see a link on the page to the StopTheHacker control panel.
7. Please note that it will take some more time for your first scan to run. While you are waiting for it to complete you can check for the following email notifications.
- Account Setup Confirmation - This email is to confirm your email address is valid, and has a link which you can use to set your StopTheHacker control panel password. You will need to do this so you can log in and view your reports and configure other aspects of your service.
- New Account Password Activated - After you have set your password, you'll receive an email indicating as such.
- New Service Activation - This is an informative message that tells you your first scan is underway.
- After a few hours, you can log in to your StopTheHacker control panel to see the results of your scan. If you want to adjust notifications or other settings, click on the Service Settings to configure them.
Notice for Business & Business Plus Subscribers
There are some additional validation steps that are required for both StopTheHacker Business and StopTheHacker Business Plus, which include inserting a META HTML tag on your website to validate ownership. Please ensure you login to your StopTheHacker Panel and view the alert notifications to obtain the details for your account.