[Resolved] Exchange email hosting - Multiple unavailable mailboxes

Updates:

Oct 13, 1:36am ET - All queued mail has been restored and operating as normal. If you have any questions, please contact Support at support@myhosting.com. Thanks for your patience.

Oct 12, 10:30pm ET - We are back online! All mailboxes have been restored. Queued mail is loading into each mailbox. We anticipate all queued mail to be returned into each mailbox in the next couple of hours. If you encounter any issues, please contact us at support@myhosting.com. Thank you so much for your patience!

Oct 12, 8:36pm ET Continue to rebuild. We will continue keeping you updated.

Oct 12, 6:06pm ET - Still rebuilding. This database is taking longer as it's the largest database. We're doing everything we can to get the remaining mailboxes up and running. If you wish to forward new mail to another email address, please contact Support at support@myhosting.com.

Oct 12, 3:49pm ET - Still rebuilding and our systems administrators are working 24/7 on it. We will continue to provide updates here.

Oct 12, 12:05pm ET - Still rebuilding. We will continue to provide updates here. 

Oct 12, 2:54am ET - The rebuilt process for the last of the affected mailbox databases is nearing completion. We will keep posting updates here.

Oct 11, 11:48pm ET - We are continuing to make progress. We expect all existing data to be rebuilt and back online overnight.

Oct 11, 8:50pm ET - We are still making progress. We expect all existing data to be rebuilt and back online overnight.

Oct 11, 7:10pm ET - We're making progress. We expect all existing data to be rebuilt and back online overnight.

Oct 11, 6:00pm ET - We're making progress. We expect all existing data to be rebuilt and back online overnight.

Oct 11, 2:53pm ET - We've made progress and are now focusing on the remaining 5% of mailboxes. Our team continues to work 24x7 on the rebuild process for the remainder of affected mailboxes.

Oct 11, 1:23pm ET - No new updates at this time yet. Our team continues to work 24x7 on the rebuild process for the remainder of affected mailboxes.

Oct 11, 12:17pm ET - No new updates at this time. Our team continues to work 24x7 on the rebuilt process for the remainder of affected mailboxes.

Oct 11, 10:19am ET - Our team continues to work 24x7 on the rebuilt process for the remainder of affected mailboxes. No new updates at this time.

Oct 11, 3:15am ET - The rebuilt process have completed successfully for a portion of the affected mailboxes. 89% of the mailboxes are on-line. Our team is working 24x7 on the rebuilt process for the remainder of affected mailboxes.

 

 

Summary:

On Monday, October 8th @ 12:30pm ET, the enterprise storage array failed into an emergency state whereby several of the mail servers that were attached to it dismounted their mailbox databases. Although the storage unit was restored, and mail service was restored for most customers, several of the mail databases had corrupt indexes and needed to be rebuilt before they could be remounted– a process that can take a while.

However, the rebuilding process is taking much longer than anticipated, in part because several databases were impacted at the same time. This is also impacting performance for all customers as the storage utilization for the repair process is high.  We are doing everything we can to prevent data loss, and still putting the pieces in place.

Our team has been working 24x7 to restore every last mailbox, we expect performance levels to return to normal in the next while as the rebuilding process is underway. Additionally, 83% of mailboxes are on-line, and we expect the remaining 17% to be rebuilt soon. 

We will continue to provide updates here

We know how important email is to your business and we apologize for the unacceptable interruption in service. We will also be following up with specific details on a major overhaul and upgrade to the entire mail platform as soon as the system is stabilized.

 

 

 

 

 

Was this article helpful?
8 out of 13 found this helpful

Have more questions? Contact our support instantly via Live Chat